If you work from home, you might agree that it is a hard thing to do, as you have many distractions. While it’s nearly impossible to stay focused at home, it is important to organize your working process to have free time to spend with your nearest and dearest.
Obviously, there are many ways to get ready for work from home (setting working hours, dressing, avoiding distractions, etc.), but more often than not, we forget about workplace organization as a key to productivity boost.
We’ve discussed the role of your home office for your mood recently, but we also know that a well-organized workplace can boost productivity. In fact, working from home is easier when you have your own home office, so you’d better learn how to organize it.
Being inspired by an infographic about home office organization by OmniPapers, we’ve decided to reveal key ideas about this process at Home Business Mag. If you want to understand how to organize your workplace from A to Z, you’re welcome to keep reading this article.
Divide Your Workplace into Two Zones
Working from home means shifting work and relax, so you need to divide your workplace into zones to enjoy both processes. It is important to have two zones at home: computer and non-computer ones.
- A computer zone: if you want to work productively, you need to start using this zone for completing tasks.
- A non-computer zone: if you feel tired, you need to take a break. Thus, go to this zone. You’d better organize it as an inspirational corner: string paintings, hang a motivational quote, and put books that you like.
There are four general tips for workplace organization:
- pick up restful color for your walls (blue or green)
- set up proper illumination
- put bookshelves, drawers, and lockers
- upgrade your gadgets
As soon as you organize your workplace, you’ll start working more productive.
Declutter Your Writing Desk
No matter what your profession is, you might use a writing desk while working from home. If so, you need to keep it always clean. The fewer distractions you have, the more productive you are.
To declutter your writing desk, do the following things:
- form a habit to clean it daily
- hide things you don’t use often
- put books and magazines on bookshelves
- use boxes for utensils
Plus, if you want to boost spirits and inspiration, you need to decorate your desk with live plants and photos or motivational pictures.
Add Comfort to Prevent Health Problems
One thing you should remember is that your health is the biggest wealth. Thus, it is important to take care of it. Add comfort to your workplace to prevent health problems, as being a healthy person means working harder and better.
- Pick up a comfortable office chair
- Use mini elliptical trainers
- Work standing from time to time
A well-organized workplace affects your productivity, creativity, and concentration. If you want to become a productive worker at home, take the first step toward workplace organization.
Did we leave something off the list? Share your ideas about productivity tips with us!